Freedom Square (Estonian: Väbaduse väljak) situates in the southern end of Old Town. There’s take place the military parades and various concerts. It is bounded on the east by St. John’s Church (built 1862-67), on the south by Kaarli Boulevard and an underground shopping center (2008–09), and on the west by a Victory Column (2009) commemorating the Estonian War of Independence 1918–1920.
St. John’s Church has been built in 1862-1867. The church is built in the neo-Gothic style, with soaring lancet arches, and is a very large building, spanning three principal aisles, with a tall tower at the west end, topped with a decorative spire.